Spring Cleaning Checklist
After a long winter, spring has finally sprung! But before you open the windows to let in that fresh spring air, you must clean them first. Yes, we’re talking about spring cleaning! But don’t worry, we’ve got a spring cleaning checklist to make this daunting task seem a little more manageable.
View our spring cleaning list below, or click here to download our spring cleaning checklist.
Why You Should Have a Spring Cleaning List
Setting aside time each year to deep clean your home is important to keep your home healthy, organized and happy. Through spring cleaning, you can remove dust, mold and mildew before it becomes an issue.
Ready to begin? View each item in our spring cleaning list below to refresh your home this spring.
All Room Spring Cleaning List
Start with tasks that apply to all rooms, then hit each room one-by-one for more specific cleaning.
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Clean windowsills and window tracks
- Vacuum curtains and window blinds
- Wipe down baseboards and shoe molding and dust corners for cobwebs
- Test batteries in all your smoke detectors
- Disinfect doorknobs, cabinet handles and light switches
Kitchen Spring Cleaning Checklist
Clean all large appliances, small appliances and surfaces in your kitchen:
- Wipe down your microwave, coffeemaker and other small appliances
- Empty the crumb tray in your toaster and toaster oven
- Empty the refrigerator and defrost the freezer
- Clean refrigerator shelves (they may fit in the dishwasher!)
- Clean behind and beneath the refrigerator (those coils get dusty!)
- Clean your oven and scrub the stovetop
- Clear out cabinets and wash the shelves
- Sanitize the sink and clean the inner rim of your sink guard
Bedroom Spring Cleaning List
- Organize drawers and closets (donate any clothes that you didn’t wear!)
- Wash bedding and pillows
- Rotate your mattresses
- Disinfect kids’ toys (throw plastic toys in the dishwasher!)
Bathroom Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Organize cabinets and drawers
- Properly dispose of old medicine and toiletries
- Scrub the shower and bathtub
- Wash the shower curtain and floormat (some can go in the washing machine)
- Scrub the toilet and tile around the toilet
Smaller Area & Outdoor Spring-Cleaning List
- Clean your keyboard with canned air
- Disinfect your computer mouse and phone
- Remove furniture cushions and vacuum crevasses
- Clean behind the washer and dryer
- Thoroughly clean the lint traps in your dryer AND washer
- Remove everything from your garage reorganize (is it time for a sale?)
- Pressure wash your deck and outdoor furniture
- Hose-out your garbage can and recycling bins
- Remove window screens and wash them with a soapy sponge and water
- Wash the outside of your windows before replacing your window screens
Congratulations, you've reached the end of the Spring-Cleaning Checklist. No sweat, right?
How to Prepare for Next Year’s Spring Cleaning
To make spring cleaning a little lighter next year, we recommend establishing a regular cleaning schedule. If you need a little help, keep in mind that Molly Maid offers flexible cleaning options. Whether you're spring cleaning or preparing for company, contact your local Molly Maid for expert cleaning services.
Spring Cleaning Services Near Me
Ditch the spring cleaning checklist and leave spring cleaning to the professionals. Choose Molly Maid for cleaning services to make your spring cleaning a breeze. Call us at (800) 654-9647 or find your local Molly Maid to schedule your cleaning services or request a free estimate.
*This checklist is provided to help DIYers clean their own homes. It is not intended to reflect the steps taken by Molly Maid’s professional cleaning teams. Each franchise is independently owned and operated. Services may vary by location.